Tullibardine Chapel. This
Collegiate Church s founded by Sir David Murray in 1445 and remains unaltered.
The Romans built a number of forts in the first century AD, including Ardoch at
Braco, connected by a line of watchtowers and fortlets across the southern edge
of Strathearn. This appears to be the first Roman linear frontier (40 years
earlier than Hadrian's Wall). The Romans withdrew after a short time. In the
140's they returned to Strathearn to rebuild at least some of the
fortifications, reoccupied Ardoch and stayed some 20 years. Ardoch was in fact
one of the largest Roman stations in Britain but now grass covered rampant and
ditch’s are all that remains. The site is however both remarkable and
Near Braco is Tullibardine Chapel. This Collegiate Church was founded by Sir
David Murray in 1445 and remains unaltered.
The Rapha Centre is the wonderful realisation of a vision shared by Rosalie
Dickinson, her family and team, who are dedicated to using the lessons of Nature
to create health for thousands of patients. Bringing the body’s into harmony and
balance is a simple principle and it works, as the therapy centre’s ever growing
number of patients. We are 13 miles away from Stirling, with easy access from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee & Perth. Facilities: Farm and Coffee
Shop, Conference Centre and Therapy Centre.
Braco Castle, Braco, Perthshire FK15 9LA
Garden opening times: 1 February - 31 October, 2008 10am - 5pm
Braco Castle Gardens can be found 1 to 1½ mile drive from gates at north end of
Braco Village, just west of bridge on A822.
A 19th Century landscaped garden with woodland and meadow walks - many mature
specimen trees and shrubs, and considerable new planting. Spectacular views over
Braco Castle park to the Ochils and beyond.
Braco is a village in
Perth and Kinross,
Scotland, with a population of 515
census It is located 5 miles north of
Perth off the
A9 road. The village can also be accessed
via the B8033 route which passes, Ashfield and Kinbuck.
The ramparts and ditches of a
Roman camp are still plainly visible at
Ardoch Roman Fort just north of Braco.
fixture at the nearby Lodge Park is the Knaik or
Knaick Bridge which dates
from the 15th Century. An interpretation board for the village and parking for
the fort is also by the park entrance.